Benefit of a Happier Head Space?
studies show that just 10 minutes of non-sequential, regular meditation
each day helps a person to return their body to a state of
homoeostasis. There are numerous physical, mental and emotional
benefits of practicing meditation. Some are:
and thickens the cerebral cortex. It creates more and more neural
pathways between the brain hemispheres increasing a person’s capacity
for utilisation of both sides of the brain in harmony, ie… increases our
learning capacity and MAKES US SMARTER!
brainwaves and brings us out of Beta into Alpha state, a highly
receptive and expansive state where increased learning, memory
retention, clarity and creativity occurs.
- Increases release of stress reducing hormones such as serotonin and dopamine.
- Reduces the heart rate and blood pressure, reducing the load on the heart
- Slows breathing and increases oxygen uptake to the cells
- Reduces physical pain and tension
- Develops the creative mind and imagination
- Calms the mind and emotions
- Enhances creativity, memory, concentration, clarity and intellect
- Improves general health & wellbeing
- Reduces and manages stress
- Improves communication and productivity
- Provides greater capacity for complex conceptual understanding and problem solving
All content in this website www.headspacebook.com is protected by copyright, 2012. All concept ual and intellectual material, and any related information, design and documentation contained herein is the sole property of Kristy L Rackham. All rights reserved. Original illustrations, artwork and images contained herein is the sole property of Nicole Verwey-Baker. All rights reserved. Photographs used on this website have been placed with the express permission of the image owners. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means or stored in a retrieval system, online or otherwise, without prior written consent by the copyright owners. Printed in Queensland, Australia. Please contact the author directly for more information at www.headspacebook.com or email@example.com, +61-(0)487-769-629
Written and developed by Kristy L Rackham, Copyright © 2007-2012
Illustrated by Nicole Verwey-Baker, Copyright © 2009-2012
First Published by Kristy L Rackham, 2010